e-beam+ [F17] has a JD3 rating for nails, bolts and screws making it the ideal choice for floor joists or bottom chords in girder trusses. It is available in lengths from 3.0m to 7.2 ex-stock with longer lengths available as special manufacture up to 12.6m.
e-beam+ [F17] is a LVL F17 hardwood substitute which meets the requirements of all relevant Australian Standards.
- The only F17 Hardwood substitute that has a JD3 Joint Grouping
- Engineered for straightness, consistency and guaranteed performance
- Available in lengths from 3.6m to 7.2m with other lengths available by special manufacture up to 12.6m
- Available in full range of section sizes
- Available ex-stock
- Competitively priced
- High load bearing capacity
- Can be easily treated to e2S, H2 and H3 Hazard Classes. When the e-beam+ [F17] LVL is treated to a e2S Hazard Class in the Wesbeam mill it is guaranteed for 25 years against termite attack when used South of the Tropic of Capricorn
- High strength yet lighter and safer to handle
- Chamfered edges for safer and more comfortable handling
- Made from sustainably sourced timber veneers
- Fully supported by Wesbeam e-house and nail plate manufacturers’ software
- Manufactured in Australia by a wholly owned Australian company
- Wesbeam has full Chain of Custody aligned with the Responsible Wood (RW) Certification Scheme and Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
e-beam+ [F17] LVL is available in lengths from 3.6m to 7.2m with other lengths available by special manufacture up to 12.6m. e-beam+ [F17] can be easily treated to e2S, H2 and H3 Hazard Class.
e-beam+ [F17] Size and Length Availability:
|Depth (mm)||Thickness (mm)||Length Availability|
3.6m, 4.2m, 5.4m, 6.0m, 6.6m and 7.2m.
Other lengths are available by special manufacture up to 12.6m.
*Available in lengths of 6.0m only
NOTE: Ticked boxes indicate available sizes
General: How to handle and store your Wesbeam Laminated Veneer Lumber products.
- Wesbeam Laminated Veneer Lumber should be stored well clear of the ground on level bearers spaced at maximum 1800mm centres
- It should be covered to keep dry but still allowing for ventilation
- Avoid placing LVL over areas susceptible to ponding.
What is e-beam+ [F17]?
e-beam+ [F17] LVL is an engineered wood substitute for KD F17 hardwood.
Can I substitute e-beam+ [F17] for F17 KDHW in any structural building framing application?
Choose section sizes for the spans and spacing that you’re familiar with. If they work for F17 hardwood, they’ll work for e-beam+ [F17].
Can I substitute e-beam+ [F17] for KDHW in any fabricated truss application?
Wesbeam e-beam+ [F17] has been independently tested and approved by the three major suppliers of nail plates in Australia – MiTek, Pryda and Multi-Nail. The results of the testing on Wesbeam e-beam+ [F17] have been incorporated in each nail plate manufacturer’s propriety software packages. It can be readily selected in truss designs.
e-beam+ [F17] is the only LVL F17 available in Australia with a JD3 joint group rating on both face and edge – so what?
e-beam+ [F17] has a joint group rating of JD3 on both face and edge. Use the same screw, bolt, or nail plate that you use with KD F17 hardwood for an equal or better result.
What Span Tables do I need when using or specifying e-beam+ [F17]?
Use AS1684 F17 Span Tables knowing that e-beam+ [F17] is equal or superior in span to equivalent F17 hardwood section sizes.
What lengths is e-beam+ [F17] available?
e-beam+ [F17] is readily available in lengths up to 12.6m. Long lengths remove the need for mechanical joints and speed up installation.
Can Wesbeam e-beam+ [F17] be treated?
e-beam+ [F17] is available in e2S treated (to guard against termites) and, by arrangement, H3 - to guard against termites and decay.
Does Wesbeam e-beam+ [F17] swell and shrink with changes in moisture content?
All timber products swell with the uptake of moisture and shrink with the drying out. If the timber is left to dry out it will return to near its original dimensions. Wesbeam recommends that e-beam+ [F17] be stored undercover or in a plastic wrap.
Can e-beam+ [F17] be used in external bearer and joist applications, e.g. patios and decks?
To use e-beam+ [F17] in external above ground locations it will need to be H3 treated.
Can I cut, drill and nail e-beam+ [F17] in the same manner as F17 KDHW?
e-beam+ [F17] can be drilled, notched, and connected as per standard carpentry details for F17 KDHW. Refer to AS1684 for approved details.